My latest additions to an ever-growing list of photography gear.
- Gitzo 3541LS carbon fibre tripod
- Arca Swiss Z1 Monoball head
- B+W Kaeseman 77mm circular polarizer filter
- Tiffen 77mm HT graduated neutral density filter
- ML-L3 remote
- S90 pocket camera
- Seagate 640GB pocket disk (am sure I will run out of space again 🙁 )
- Sto-fen omni bouncer for the SB-600
- Step-up rings (52mm and 67mm to fit 77mm filters)
- Kingston memory card reader
And additions to my travel gear
- Eureka Apex 2XT 2 man tent
- Suisse sport sleeping bag (already have one, but didn’t bring it with me and needed one here)
Most of these purchases were planned ones and I am happy with what I purchased. But I did go overboard with the purchase of expensive tripod, filters and a pocket camera (my old one broke after I fell from the cycle sometime back), but I can still justify buying them. 🙂
Photography and travel are not cheap hobbies. Especially if you have the habit of yearning for new gear and visiting new places every few months. I guess, at least, I am now done with most of my photography purchases for the next couple of years. I am sure.. hmm.. err.. except maybe… maybe… that last lens!
I have stopped thinking of my photography and travel expenses.. its a futile thing! I know if I am interested, I will do it. And yes, I don’t regret it because it helps me live a life than just stay afloat! But I need to focus on raising my income to accomodate these expenses such that my savings doesn’t get hit. (The US trip did help a lot this time). Need to work on that.