I wonder if parents give a thought to what a school is, what education should be like? What our own role as parents should be?
As a parent, my role (and the school’s) is:
– to help the child learn acceptance of who he/she really is and get comfortable with himself/herself
– to help the child be independent
– to encourage the child to pursue her/his own enthusiasm without corrupting it with our prejudiced ideas
– to encourage effort, not push for results. Work is the reward, result is a by-product.
– to help the child build a sense of inner-worthiness that is not tied to social status, job, money, rank, etc
PS: We are merely facilitators, not enforcers. At the end, much is not in our hands. Learn to let go.